Well I’m up to my neck in the next project(s), but the update for today is: I made a beautiful repository for the cute little robots:
So if you want to make a friend for the robots, you are free to use this challenge:
So after fixing the blueprint up, I thought I’d fix one of the challenges based on that as well. Turns out the Tribes Challenge was in pretty good shape already. So that was easy:
It’s really relaxing to just watch the Romans beat the Wolves over and over, so I suggest to take a look at the challenge. A screenshot isn’t really as satisfying, but here you have it:
So after trying a couple of things back and forth I decided that my blueprint for coding challenges should have been a Maven archetype. Which was really hard to achieve, and I had worked with archetypes in the past.
But now it’s done, I have two projects in Maven Central, which feels kinda nice.
(Also, yes that GUI is incredible ugly. But there is no supported GUI framework in Java any longer, so you can pry Swing from my cold dead hands.)